The canon printer setup is installing the right driver for your canon printer. The canon drivers are easily available on the ij start canon official website. So you do not need to visit any third-party site and get your driver from it. The official site sponsors various canon drivers, i.e., drivers for all canon printer models. Also, the drivers are not the same for all the canon printers. So firstly, you will need a perfect driver as per your canon printer model, and then you can work with the printer and device connection. Nowadays, wireless printing is an on-demand process. Here the wireless printing is done with the help of a canon printer. So let’s discuss the connectivity and canon printer setup for your Pc.
Wireless connectivity for your canon printer:
Wireless printing is an easy way to take the printout from any corner of the Wi-Fi connection network. So there are two methods to connect your printer to the device wirelessly. Also, you will require a Wi-Fi router for the wireless connection. So let us explore the two methods;
Using the LAN network:
This is the guaranteed as well as easy process to connect your canon printer wirelessly to the router;
- Go to your canon printer screen.
- Confirm the working of your canon printer.
- Press the Wi-Fi button for a long time till it starts blinking.
- Then open the menu bar by pressing the menu button on your canon printer.
- Then go to the network settings using the canon menu bar.
- In this, you will get the loan network settings option.
- Click on it.
- IT will find various networks available in your surrounding.
- You need to select your SSD network from the list appearing.
- After selecting, enter the password.
- Then press the connect button using the printer controls.
- Wait for the canon printer to establish the wireless connection with the Wi-Fi router.
- Then after the successful connection, simply connect your device to the Wi-Fi router and take the printout using the canon Printers Driver.
Using the WPS settings:
The WPS button is located on the Wi-Fi router. So here are the steps to connect the Wi-Fi router to your canon printer using the WPS settings.
- Turn on your canon printer.
- Then simply press the Wi-Fi button present on the canon printer for a long time.
- The Wi-Fi button starts blinking, indicating that your canon printer’s Wi-Fi settings are on.
- Now simply take your Wi-Fi router and turn the Wi-Fi router ON.
- You will get the WPS button at the back of the Wi-Fi router.
- Press the WPS button for a long time, i.e., around 2 minutes.
- Now just look on your printer screen.
- The printer screen will show you the connected option.
- Your canon printer is now connected to the Wi-Fi router using the WPS connectivity method.
- In this way, you can connect your device to the Wi-Fi router and then download a driver for your device.
- Install the driver and take the printout.
How to Install the canon printer driver on my android smartphone?
Following is the process depicting the installation of the canon printer driver, i.e., the canon utility application for your android smartphone;
- Firstly, open the google play store of your android handset.
- Then go to the search bar at the top of the play store application.
- Simply search for the canon ij utility application.
- A list of options similar to it will appear.
- Then simply select the right application with more reviews and downloads.
- Then click on the install button, and the download will start.
- Wait for the download to complete and simultaneously for the installation to complete.
- Then open the canon utility application.
- Here you must give all the permission, i.e., storage, and all to the canon utility application.
- After it, go to the plus sign that you will require to add up your printer.
- Now, you are connected to the Wi-Fi router to which the canon printer is already connected.
- Press the plus sign, and the list of printers connected with the Wi-Fi router will appear.
- Then select your printer and add the printer to your app.
- Then go to any file, and you can take the printout of the file using the wireless method.
How to use the wireless printing on my windows Pc?
Starting wireless printing on the windows platform is quite easy.
Download the ij canon driver setup:
The Ij canon driver setup is available on the ij.start.canon site. So you need to;
- Visit the ij.start.canon site using any web browser of your Windows PC.
- Here you must select the first button, i.e., the setup button, from the home screen.
- Then you need to enter the canon printer model of your printer.
- The model will be available on your printer itself.
- Find the model, enter it, and simply click the go button.
- Then the driver setup file will be ready to download.
- Select the operating system as windows and click on the download button.
- The setup file will download into your downloads folder.
Installing the ij canon setup file:
For the installation;
- Open the ij canon setup file by double clicking on it.
- Then click on the Yes button as the setup file asks to install.
- Now, wait for the initialization.
- After the initialization, press the I Agree button.
- Then simply select the location on your windows pc where you need the installation setup.
- By selecting the location, press the next button.
- Now click on the Install button.
- Here the installation will start and will take more time than usual.
- The installation time will depend upon your operating system.
- Press the finish button, which appears after the successful installation.
- Then click on the finish button and go to the windows button.
- Here restart your pc and then after the successful login to your pc, open the canon driver.
- You must select the file and take the printout using the canon printer driver.
- Load up the pages into the paper tray, and you are done.
- So this is all about the canon printer setup.